Run For The Cup
Click HERE to signup for the inaugural RUN FOR THE CUP!!
The RUNegades are proud to announce the inaugural Run For The Cup
*UPDATE* DAY-OF INSTRUCTIONS
Participants can pick up their packets at the starting area next to Fitzwater Station starting at 8 am on SATURDAY morning. The parking area is roughly 1/2 mile from the starting area, so we ask that you try to arrive in the parking lot by 9:15 am.
There is NO parking at Fitzwater Station. All participants and spectators will park at Longford Park, 989 Port Providence Road, Phoenixville PA. It is roughly 1/2 a mile from the parking lot to the start/finish area.
Maybe you pace at the pagoda, book it for beer, trot with the turtles, saunter through the 6-1-0, or gallop with any one of the dozens of groups in the area. Either way, if you're a runner in Eastern PA, chances are that you are a member of at least one running club that provides the support, camaraderie, and encouragement you need to get through all of life's many miles--the easy and the challenging. The Inaugural EPARC Invitational will give you a chance to show your club pride--no matter how fast (or slow) you are.
Here's how it works:
1. If your club has not yet set up a team for the event, set up your club team!
2. Register for either the 5K or 10K.
3. Indicate your club affiliation. (Clubs must enter at least five runners to qualify for the cup).
4. Tell us your best time in that event in the past calendar year. (We'll double-check the posted race results). If you haven't run that distance this year, you can send us an older time or a screenshot of your best GPS tracked run (or link up with us on Strava).
5. The ten runners from each club that come closest to or exceed their yearly PRs will score points for their club. (Clubs that enter between 5 and 10 runners will have their runners' scores prorated).
6. The club with the most points at the end of the day will not only win possession of the "Stanley Cup" of running club trophies for a year, it will also have its named etched into history on the cup
7. Clubs can also qualify for additional awards by registering the most runners, having members complete their first official 5K or 10K, bringing the funniest/most creative running signs, winning the post-race corn hole tournament, and more...
But That's Not All!!
The inaugural Run For The Cup will be held at Fitzwater Station in Phoenixville, a favorite local watering hole. All runners (21 and over) will receive a free beer and additional beer and food will be available for purchase.